Available now: Rethinking Homework, 2nd Edition
Is homework an essential component of rigorous schooling or a harmful practice that alienates and discourages a significant number of students? The debate over homework has gone on for decades, but schools and families have changed in many ways, and, as author Cathy Vatterott notes, "There's a growing suspicion that something is wrong with homework."
This best selling book was first published in 2009. This updated 2nd edition includes:
- new research, trends, and poliices
- economic diversity and the "homework gap"
- the "achievement culture" and student stress
- role of homework in standards-based learning
- flipping homework and classroom instruction